Law Offices

of Dimitrie Bogdan Umbrarescu

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size


E-mail Print PDF
1.    I committed a traffic violation while I was driving my personal car. Could this adversely affect my commercial driver’s license (CDL)?
It depends on the type of traffic violation. The traffic violations that are considered serious by the Secretary of State will adversely affect the commercial driver’s license (CDL) even if they were committed while driving the personal car.

2.    My driver’s license has been suspended as a result of my failure to pay child support. How can I remove this suspension?
In this case, you need to contact Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services Division of Child Support Enforcement [HFS] and resume paying child support. A problem could be the unpaid amount. In this case, you lawyer can negotiate an agreement with this department for a payment plan. The department shall notify the Secretary of State.

3.    I have got a hearing with the Secretary of State for the reinstatement of my driver’s license. What should I do?
A hearing with the Secretary of State is similar to a hearing in court. Therefore, you need to be prepared. You need the assistance of a lawyer since a high percentage of the reinstatement requests are denied.
Last Updated on Monday, 22 March 2010 05:16  


eXTReMe Tracker

Romanian Heritage Festival

September 18 & 19, 2010

Proudly Sponsor

Selecteaza limba

English (USA)

Who's Online

We have 34 guests online

Your opinion:

Your opinion about the site...

Recomended browser