Law Offices

of Dimitrie Bogdan Umbrarescu

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size


E-mail Print PDF
1.    I would like to extend my stay in the United States as a tourist. What do I need to do?
You need to fill out an application. You also need to provide documents indicating that you do not intend to immigrate to the United States.

2.    I am a married American citizen and my wife still lives in her native country. I have got some difficulties obtaining an immigrant visa for my wife. I was asked for a “waiver.”
A waiver is a special permission issued to a person who cannot immigrate to the United States as a result of a violation of the American law. You need to fill out form I-601 and attach documents sufficient to justify this permission. It is important to contact a lawyer to guide you through this process.

3.    I am an American citizen and the United States consulate denied my parents’ application for a tourist visa. I would like to visit them but my child has got health problems and cannot travel. What can I do?
As an American citizen, you can petition for your parents’ permanent American residence. The approval for this type of application usually takes a short time. In this way, your parents could visit you without a tourist visa.

4.    My friends have received a tourist visa from the United States consulate. When they arrived at the United States airport, they were not allowed to enter the country.
Obtaining a tourist visa does not quarantee the admission to the United States. The immigration officers have discretion to allow or deny the entry in this country. They also determine the period of the stay.
Last Updated on Monday, 22 March 2010 05:14  


eXTReMe Tracker

Romanian Heritage Festival

September 18 & 19, 2010

Proudly Sponsor

Selecteaza limba

English (USA)

Who's Online

We have 72 guests online

Your opinion:

Your opinion about the site...

Recomended browser